|Papers published in Journals
||· Usha Veerachari, ShilpaVenkatesh, Anuradha Yadav and RajeshwariNarayanppa, 2011. Biomonitoring genetic instability in normal healthy population using a simple cytogenetic marker –micronucleus test. International Multidisciplinary Research Journal. 1/2: 1-9.
· Usha Veerachari and A.K. Bopaiah. 2011. Preliminary phyto-chemical evaluation of the leaf extract of five Cassia species J.Chem. Pharm Res.3(5): 574-583.
· Usha Veerachari and A.K. Bopaiah. 2012. Phytochemical investigation of the ethanol,methanol and ethyl acetate leaf extracts of six Cassia species. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. 3(2): 260-270.
· Usha Veerachari and A.K. Bopaiah. 2013. Analysis of total flavonoids and phenolics in different species of Cassia. Int.J.Drug.Dev. & Res. 5(2):115-120.
· Usha Veerachari, JyothiSG,Senthilkumar U, Mithra Madappa,Ravikanth Gand Somashekariah BV. 2019. Chemical profiling of Genus Cassia L. sensulatousing High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPTLC) and its taxonomic implications. European journal of Biotechnology and Biosciences.7(4):50-59.
· Usha Veerachari, Bopaiah AK, Senthilkumar U, Jyothi SG andRavikanth G. 2019. Anti-oxidative activity of Cassia L. species of Southern India. American Journal of Pharma Tech Research. 9(04).
· Jyothi S Gowda, Usha Veerachari and Somashekariah B Veerabhadrappa. J. α amylase and α glucosidase inhibitory effects by the aerial parts of C. auriculata L. and HPTLC analysis for ferulic acid and cinnamic acid. Pharm. Sci. & Res. Vol. 11(12). 2019. 3785-5789.
||· Organising study tours–
Ø Collection of Plant specimens- for UG and PG students.
Ø Industrial visits to KSIC, Mysore, MYMUL, Mysore,
Winery, Channapatna etc.,
Ø GKVK campus- Department of Phycology , Department of Mycology, Department of Sericulture, Department of Ecology and Environmental Sciences, etc.,
Ø Outbound workshops- Apiculture, Vermicomposting,Gobar gas plants, Organic farming, Cattle rearing, Sugarcane harvesting and organic jaggery preparation etc.,
Ø Various outbound, outdoor activities for Pre University Board, Under Graduate and Post Graduate students.
· Convenor/ Coordinator– Timetable committee ( Degree and PU)
· Convenor/Coordinator – Examination committee (Degree and PU)
· Convenor for Intercollegiate Science Fests,
· Convenor for Eco Club ‘SAMRAKSHAN’ activities –
Ø Distribution of various saplings to the public, students, staff and corporate sectors- distributed around 4000 saplings,
Ø Plantation campaigns at Kanakapura, KGF, Kolar, Malur and Narasapura- planted more than 2000 saplings,
Ø Seed Ball Making- around 2000 seed balls and dispersal, Clean Up activities– all the above mentioned programsin association with the Department of Forests, Govt of Karnataka.
Ø Conducted various Street Plays- Town Hall, MG Road etc.,
Ø Conducted Rallies to create awareness –Anti Tobacco Rally, Cycle Rally, Nurture Nature Rally, Anti-Drug Abuse and Human Trafficking Rally etc.
Ø Rallies conducted in coordination with St.Joseph’s College, Mount Carmel College, Bishop Cotton’s, St. Martha’s Hospital etc.
· Convenor for Inter-collegiate Science, Commerce, Arts and Literary Expo-along with many fun-filled, innovative and educational events, a collaborative session with students from various other schools.
· Organized many Guest lectures by inviting subject experts from IISc, GKVK, etc. –scientist and professors from various departments, Environmentalists –Sri Yellappa Reddy , Forest Department Officials, BBMP – SWM, Commissioner- Sri Sarfraaz Khan, Deputy Mayor, BBMP – Ram Mohan Raju etc.
· Organized various Folk Art performances to create awareness about our rich Indian Folk Art like Yakshagana, DolluKunitha, Kamsaleetc in collaboration with Department of Kannada and Culture, Government of Karnataka, Yakshagana Academy and Janapada Academy, Govt of Karnataka, etc.
· Organized Vigilance Awareness week for students in association with Syndicate bank for 3 years.
· Organized Motivational sessions for students by IAS – SmtLathaKumari, IFS – SmtDeepikaBajpai, Sri Puneeth Pathak and IPS – SmtVarthikaKatiyaar.
· Organized Alcohol Anonymous sessions for Students and faculty.
· Organized programs for students towards HolisitcDevelopment – visit to Panchavati, Anekal taluk “Yogashri”, Benagluruand Sawan Durbar Ashram, Bengaluru.
· Organized programs to enhance the Culinary Skills amongst students and faculty in association with IIHM, Bengaluru.
· Supporting students and faculty towards Young Chef and Teacher Chef Programs at state and national level.
· Special Invitee at IIHM workshop hosted for Teacher Chef and student chef winners with International celebrity chef Sanjay Khanna.
|Rewards and Recognitions
||· Cash Award of 12,000/-for publicationof Book, German Publication, by Jain University, 2013.
· I Runner up with a cash award of 25,000/- for Teacher Chef culinary competition conducted by the International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM), Bengaluru, 2015.
· Award towards Research work by St. Josephs’s Autonomous College, Post Graduate and Research Centre, Bengaluru, 2015.
· Outstanding performance award from Jain University, 2016.