About B.C.A Programme
- To understand and apply mathematical foundation, computing and domain knowledge for the conceptualization of computing model of problems.
- To identify, analyze the computing requirements of a problem and Solve them using computing principles.
- To expertise in developing application with required domain knowledge.
- To use current techniques and tools necessary for complex computing practices.
- To understand and commit to Cyber regulations and responsibilities in Professional computing practices.
- To communicate effectively with the computing community as well as society by being able to comprehend effective documentations and presentations.
- To understand societal, environmental, health, legal, ethical issues within local and global contexts and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional practice.
- To function effectively in a team environment to accomplish a common goal.
- To use knowledge to analyze, interpret the data and synthesis the information to derive valid conclusions using research methods.
A Candidate who has passed two years Pre-University Examination conducted by the Pre-University Education Board in Karnataka or JODC / Three years Diploma in Engineering of Government of Karnataka or any other examination considered as equivalent thereto shall be eligible for admission.
BCA Programme shall extend over four academic years (Eight Semesters) with multiple entry and exit options. The students can exit after the completion of one academic year (Two semesters) with the Certificate in a discipline or a field; Diploma after the study of two academic years (Four Semesters) and Regular Bachelor Degree after the completion of three academic years (Six Semesters). The successful completion of Four Years BCA Programme would lead to Bachelor Degrees with Honours in Computer Applications. Each semester shall consist of at least 16 weeks of study with a minimum of 90 working days (excluding the time spent for the conduct of final examination of each semester)
BCA Programme has been designed to prepare graduates for attaining the following specific outcomes:
- Understand the concepts of key areas in Computer Science.
- Acquire knowledge of mathematical foundations, Computer Application theory and algorithm principles in the design and modeling of Computer Based System.
- Ability to enhance not only comprehensive understanding of the theory but its application too in diverse field.
- Ability to analyze and apply latest technologies, skills and models to solve problems in the areas of Computer Applications.
- Ability to develop interdisciplinary approach among the students.
- Ability to apply the concept of project development in each language/ technology learnt during the semester.
The following programmes can be opted in P.G. Level after completing BCA Degree with Honors:
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master’s Degree in Information Management (MIM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post-Graduate Program in Corporate Studies (PGPCS)
- Information Security Management (ISM)
- Masters in Computer Management (MCM)
- To work in the IT sector as Software Developer Trainee, Programmer, System Engineer, Software Tester, Junior Programmer, Web Developer, System Administrator, Software Developer, Technical Support, IT Analyst, Junior Analyst, Computer Support Service Specialist etc.
- To work in public sector undertakings and Government organizations.
- For teaching in Schools and Colleges