Workshop on Case Study Development in “Commerce, Management and Computer Science”
A report on 2 Day Online National Level Workshop on Case Study Development in “Commerce, Management and Computer Science” An IQAC Initiative which is held on 21 st ,22 nd June 2021 to all faculty members of various colleges.
Department of Computer Applications conducted A 2 Day Online National Level Workshop on Case Study Development in “Commerce, Management and Computer Science” an IQAC Initiative through Google Meet. The Resource person was Dr. Gundupagi Manjunath, Principal, Bheemi Reddy Institute of Management Science, Adoni, Andhra Pradesh.
Day1 : Dr. Gundupagi Manjunath Discussed in details about
- Case study approach
- Case study methodology
- Writing cases for teaching students
- General format of case study writing template.
Day 2: Dr. Gundupagi Manjunath has given overview of Case study Development in Computer Science and Applications and demonstrated with examples, and drafting Case Study.
- We have got around 537 registrations from different colleges across the country.
- Recorded Sessions and Soft copy of Study materials are sent to all participants.
- Digital Certificate are issued to participants upon filling up the feedback form.
- Overall Session was interactive and productive. Participants took the benefit of the programme.
Report on Workshop conducted for students on Python frm 26th to 30th March’2022
A report on 5 Day Offline from 26.03.22 to 30.03.22 for Final Year Students, Workshop on Designing an Interactive web site using Python Django which was initiated by Department of Computer Applications. The Resource persons were Dr. Bharthi S Professor, Dept. of MCA, Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, Dr. B.H. Chandrashekar, Dept. of MCA, RVCE, Bengaluru, Prof. Saravanan , Dept. of MCA, RVCE, Bengaluru, and Ms. Shobha Rani B.R, Professor. Dept. of MCA, Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
Day1 : Dr. B.H. Chandrashekar & Prof. Sarvanan
- Introduction to Python
- Installation of Python
- Basics of Python(features, data types, functions, conditional statements)
Day 2: Dr. B.H. Chandrashekar & Prof. Sarvanan
- Python collections: Strings, sets, dictionary, tuples
- Object Oriented Programming with hands on session
- Classess, Inheritance ,Polymorphism
Day1 and Day2 Dr. B.H. Chandrashekar & Prof. Sarvanan has given hands on session related to Basics of Python
Day3: Ms. Shobha Rani B.R
- HTML: Components(headings, paragraph,styles),forms, media,tables
- Java script: operators, data types,arrays,string methods
Day3 Ms. Shobha Rani has given hands on session related to HTML, CSS & Java Script
Day4: Dr. Bharthi
Installations, creating simple apps, GUI Interfacing(HTML and CSS)
Day5: Dr. Bharthi
MVC with database connectivity with small project development
Day4 & Day5 Dr. Bharthi has given hands on session related to Django Basics ,Installations.
100 students attended the workshop.
Digital Certificate are issued to participants upon filling up the feedback form.
Overall Session was interactive and productive. Students took the benefit of the programme.
Guest Lecture Report on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning held on 21st December 2021.
Department of Computer Applications organized a Guest lecture in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning 21st December 2021, for BCA 2nd and Final year students.
- Mr. Madhav Bissa, Program Director, NASSCOM centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Mr. Uday Birje, Co-Founder & Director, ThinkStreet Technologies.
The Eminent Speakers addressed the students and delivered the content effectively.
The Agenda of Guest Lecture was:
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Applications of AI
- Future of AI
- Innovation & Startups
- India AI
- Path To Growth & Success
Students were satisfied and happy after attending the session. Indeed, it was a great session.
The program was concluded by Q & A session followed by Vote of Thanks.
Report on Typo-meter Competition:
Department of Computer Applications, Hackathon Club organized a Typo-Meter Competition for I year BCA students on 13th December 2021 at Computer Lab. Around 23 Students registered for the event. During the Competition respected principal, Dr. S Anil Kumar sir addressed the students and wished the students good luck for the competition.
The first round was typing the text with no errors in 15 minutes. Out of 23 participants, 6 students were selected for 2nd round.
The second round was the execution of the C programs, and the first 3 participants compiled the programs with no errors were announced as winners.
All students were excited about the event and they gave feedback to run more such hackathon club programs.